Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where in the world is Tyler Lister?

I am very sorry that this took so long to update. I am still getting used having a blog. Since the last time I updated this, I have arrived in Harrisburg. My parents and I made the 20-hour journey from Oklahoma City to Harrisburg from September 8th to September 10th.

Once we arrived, my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and I went to Gettysburg. The Monday before Discipleship Training School (DTS) started, my parents and I went to Washington D.C. DTS started on September 15th. We started off with some solid worship in the prayer room.
Week one, Andy Byrd spoke about Fire and Fragrance (F&F) and how it started; which was awesome. He was such a perfect person to start off our journey as F&F.

Week two, Sean Feucht spoke on Monday and Tuesday about F&F and what his role in starting it up was. Then, the rest of the week, we took part in the Father Speak conference that Life Center hosted. They brought in Che Ahn, Bill Johnson, Dave Hess, Larry Randolph, Kevin Prosch, and Leonard Jones. It's okay if those names don't sound familiar, they didn't to me either until the conference, but they were awesome.

Along with week two, we found out where we are going for our outreach. The options were the IVY Leagues, Washington D.C., Amsterdam, and England. The first month of outreach, everyone is going to be going to the IVY Leagues together, and then we are going to split up and go our separate ways for the other two months. During that whole week, we prayed about where we felt like God wants us to go. I have a major heart for England and so that is where I felt like God is leading me. I found out on Friday that I am going to………..…..drum role................

Week three, Ivan Roman spoke about our identity in God rather than our worldly identity. It was a very powerful week. He also spoke in Heirborne on Wednesday in the youth group at Life Center. Life Center’s ministry team, F&F, and Ivan all prayed over the kids. One girl who was flat footed grew arches in front of us. That was so powerful. The next day, we prayed for some people in our school to grow arches and one of our awesome staff members grew some. One girl in our school who didn’t grow arches later grew some. The testimonies were posted on facebook, some people read it, prayed for their friends, and they grew arches. The power of God is rad.

Week four, we had the Life Center staff speak. Wednesday night, our school had what was called a "Holy Spirit Party." I was unable to attend because I went to CHik-Fil-A then 3B ice cream because I was unaware that this party was going on. Once I got back and found out it was going on, I got a little bummed. Once it was finished, everyone went there separate ways to their rooms. In my friend’s room, the Holy Spirit showed up. A few other guys and I went in there and started praying and saw some really cool things happen. I saw two flashes of light in the corner where the lights weren't on (two angels). Two of my friends actually saw angels. We ended of getting so excited that we moved downstairs and started dancing and got hot, so we moved outside to cool down. When we were outside, I felt some demonic spirits beginning to surround the hotel we live at. At the same time that I felt that, two of my friends said they saw the demonic spirits in the woods behind the Howard Johnson. We began praying, giving authority back to God and God's army rushed in to shield our hotel from all evil spirits. How great is our God. On Thursday, September 15th, our school got knighted in the spirit. That was a pretty rad experience.

Week five, Corey Martin came and spoke about relationships with each other and with God. It was really cool and significant that Phase 2 from Kona arrived on October 17th, the Sunday before Corey Martin spoke. That was significant because Jeremy Bardwell, our school leader’s best friend is leading that group (that is one solid relationship). Also, my best friend from growing up is a part of phase 2, so we got reconnected. Those are two examples of the many reuniting moments that happened this week.

This weekend, we took part in a 24-hour burn. Burns typically range from 12 to 100 hours. My outreach group and I played during the 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. set. It was awesome. This weekend, I have been praying a lot about if I should do a Nazarite Vow or not. I am still praying about the guidelines for it. If you have questions about that, just email me with your questions and I would love to explain it in depth (tlister77@gmail.com).

This next week, week six, Todd McDowell is going to be in talking about the Holy Spirit/Hearing God’s voice. It is going to be intense. I can’t wait.

Oh yeah, I’M GOING TO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment